- Harrow Council, Client of Sopra Steria
- Greenstone, Sopra Steria's Partner for non Financial Reporting and Steering
- Luc Hardy, President of Pax Artica and VP Green Cross F&T
- Mark Maslin, Professor of Climatology UCL
Harrow Council, a sustainable local government authority
«Climate change is possibly the biggest challenge humanity has ever faced, and it will take us in Harrow and in communities all over the world to engage and act. Harrow Council, the local government authority responsible for the London Borough of Harrow, is proud to stand with its partner Sopra Steria, promoting strong sustainability practices everywhere.
Harrow Council, the local government authority responsible for the London Borough of Harrow, is proud to stand with its partner, Sopra Steria, promoting strong sustainability practices everywhere.
Harrow, home to over 240,000 Londoners, is one of the most diverse places in the UK, and we’ve been growing fast in recent years.
We are responsible for providing health and social care services, developing our economy, and maintaining the environment of our borough – all within the context of the smaller public sector budgets that many parts of Europe are facing.
Nevertheless, we have remained committed to ensuring our community and the council itself is doing its part to reduce climate change-causing emissions.
- We have made sustainability a part of our Corporate Plan and Sustainable Procurement Policy.
- We integrate stringent sustainability requirements into all procurements, and actively collaborate with suppliers and partners to improve sustainability, including by reducing energy consumption, consumption of resources and emissions.
- We work with residents to help them save energy and money.
- We take care to preserve our community’s many greenspaces and trees, and to protect its biodiversity.
Although, like many local government authorities these days, we face immediate challenges, we are committed also to ensuring a bright future for our residents, their children and their grandchildren. Climate change is possibly the biggest challenge humanity has ever faced, and it will take all of us in Harrow and in communities all over the world to overcome it.»
"For many businesses, reporting their environmental impact is becoming the norm. KPI’s in this area are increasingly expected by stakeholders and give companies the opportunity to demonstrate their commitment to reducing their impact on the environment. "
''By reaching this archipelago in Antarctica, extremely difficult to access, we have been able to observe and document hitherto little-known phenomena, thus allowing us to understand better the impact of climate change on the ocean and the need to act to counter its effects''.
«Climate change challenges the very way we organise our society. To meet these challenges we must change some of the basic rules of our society to allow us to adopt a much more global and long-term approach and in doing so develop a solution that can benefit everyone.»