Paris, 14 June 2018
Sopra Steria, a European leader in digital transformation, is now a member of the AWS Managed Service Provider (MSP) programme. This programme recognises the European Cloud Centre of Excellence’s expertise and the services offered by Sopra Steria to support major companies throughout the process of adopting its services. Large organisations such as Veolia, the FCA (UK) and the municipality of Oslo already benefit from Sopra Steria’s extensive professional knowledge and rely on Amazon Web Services (AWS) to take advantage of cutting-edge technology, which are natively scalable and compliant with Amazon Web Services’ stringent requirements.
Having worked together to create new services, the business and IT departments now offer a wealth of specialist and highly innovative public Cloud services. With more and more companies now taking up these services, there is no ‘one size fits all’ approach. Sopra Steria supports major firms in their digital transformation by offering a wide range of services which enable them to efficiently link these new Cloud services to their existing IT systems. The aim: to capitalise on past investment and services that are innovative, highly scalable and secure.
Sopra Steria Cloud Services for Amazon Web Services: a comprehensive and certified offer
After an extensive AWS training programme for Sopra Steria’s European Cloud Centre of Excellence (CCoE), the following services were audited in more detail for the AWS MSP Partner programme:
- Audit, mapping, growth path and change accompaniment;
- Definition, design and implementation of private, public and hybrid cloud architecture;
- Infrastructure and application security;
- Infrastructure, software and application monitoring and on-demand management;
- Provisioning process and orchestration automation;
- Application migration and continuous deployment, as part of a DevOps approach (CI/CD);
- Control and optimisation of costs (FinOps) and compliance rules.
With over 100 criteria, this audit ensures that AWS corporate customers receive high-quality services, processes and tools from Sopra Steria throughout all audit, planning, migration, implementation, operational and optimization phases.
The Cloud: a digital transformation catalyst for major European organisations
“As a cornerstone of digital transformation, the Cloud is now a key feature of large organisations looking to achieve the innovative. Our partnership with AWS will be a real accelerator for companies wishing to implement ground-breaking Cloud strategies. Becoming a member of the AWS MSP programme is proof of Sopra Steria’s commitment, expertise and high-quality services in modernising and managing large organisations’ application bases”, says Cyril Malargé, Sopra Steria’s Executive Director for France.
Sopra Steria oversees the provision of new customer services to major European organisations, and in doing so contributes to their operational performance and the creation of new, more cost-effective operating models:
- Financial Conduct Authority – FCA (UK): Sopra Steria has developed one of the largest Big Data platforms on AWS in the UK.
- Municipality of Oslo (Norway): Sopra Steria offers the municipality new digital services via a transformation programme and a multi-Cloud strategy.
- Veolia: where Sopra Steria is supporting and implementing a data centre-less strategy and Cloud First using AWS services.
AWS Summit – Tuesday 19 June at the Palais des Congrès (Paris, France) – Stand G14
Sopra Steria will be at AWS Summit Paris on the 19 June. European CCoE teams will be sharing their expertise at the event, and will present the behind-the-scenes services implemented using AWS solutions during the Breakout Session: “Feedback: how is Veolia using the Cloud to expedite its digital transformation?”
Julien Desmettre, Head of Cloud Automation Services for the Veolia Group, will be presenting alongside Olivier Fontaine, Consulting Senior Manager of the Sopra Steria subsidiary Beamap, and Béatrice Rollet, CTO Innovation & Digital Innovation – Cloud Services at Sopra Steria.